Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Year Later

It's been a year since I started this blog, started a journey. Sometimes things don't turn out the way you would have liked them to. But, like I said a few months ago, when you fail, you can try again.

There have been some changes in my health that have caused me to again evaluate the steps I need to take to feel better and be healthier.

In April, just two weeks after we bought our "new used" car, I was rear-ended in it! It wasn't a big accident, just a bump, but the next day I started to feel very sore and weak. I went to see a new chiropractor and my back and near were injured pretty badly. Who knew that a bump could do that much damage. I felt absolutely terrible for a week and while I'm feeling better, I'm still not healed. I know that my weight has a lot to do with why my body is achy and tired, but it is also what I am eating. Between school, work, callings at church, running the house and just life in general, we have gotten into a bad habit of eating out, eating quick, eating cheap and it has definitely taken it's toll on me.

I started to get migraines a little less than a year ago. I only had one prior to this and it wasn't severe, but starting last year they have been awful and quite frequent. I tried to see if there was a trigger and I think I've found it - gluten.

No big surprise, since it's been proven in studies that most people with a dairy intolerance will also not tolerate gluten. So, here I am...another wrench in my diet. The easiest way to go GF is to stop eating out, so we have done that. I have such a great support system here and many friends that have gone gluten free (and dairy free) and I'm so blessed to be able to pick their brains.

Starting tomorrow I am going back to the gym because I haven't been exercising since my accident. My doctor doesn't want me doing anything crazy and he doesn't even want me walking for very long periods of time, my hips are in bad bad shape. I can go on the elliptical machine and that's it. It's a start!

Here's to a better and healthier tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment