Sunday, September 16, 2012

School Days, School Days...

School has kept me very very busy the last few weeks. Last week I attended a Student Success conference and one of the seminars was about becoming more involved at school. I found out that there is a gym on my campus with a pool! Also, they have bikes to rent and there is a trail all of the way around Marine Creek Lake, just next to the school. This is what I would get to ride around:

Grace Escaping

This campus is beautiful and I just love it. It's a bit of a pain to get to with the traffic on I-35 but completely worth it. I've been going to the Northeast campus for the last year and a half and haven't been involved with anything. Now I'm at the Northwest campus and I've already been more active there in the last three weeks than I had been at Northeast.

I joined the Leadership Academy, which gives me a continuing education credit if I attend at least 4 of the seminars this and next semester. Next month there is an overnight retreat at Camp Grady Spruce near Possum Kingdom Lake. I've been on these kinds of retreats before, but they were mandatory and with High School kids...so most of them didn't want to be there. Thankfully this will be students who actually want to be there and will enjoy themselves so I'm very excited. It's completely free, including food and even when I voiced my concerns about my food allergies, they said they are totally able to accommodate me, it happens quite often. I thought for sure I'd have to pack my own food! I am quite a few hours over my "yearly budget" because of Grace's weekend here earlier this month, so I'm able to take some days off and go to these seminars and this retreat.

My diet is still going really well, I have cut out pork and red meat and am sticking with chicken, turkey and fish. As for the exercising, it's been very hard to find time to do it officially, but I've been doing a lot of walking at least. Now that I know there is a gym in my school I may just have to take advantage of that!

I had to go buy new pants this week, I am down to a size 18! I was wearing a 24/26 at one point so this is amazing!

Off to bed soon, it's been a long week and I want all of the sleep that I can get. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment