Monday, May 16, 2011

First Time at the Gym

 I made it through my first day! That was easier than I thought. I think it's because my DH (dear husband) was with me. There are a few things you should probably know about me before I truly begin. I live in Texas, but I grew up in Michigan. I am married, but haven't been blessed with children yet. Instead, I take care of a little girl, who is 8 years old. She has developmental delays and doesn't walk on her own and says few words. I've been with her for 4 years now! Everyday together we watch Ellen, Jimmy Fallon and Oprah!

Oprah is ending in less than two weeks! On Wednesday I was watching the "Last-Ever Weight Loss Show" and I was genuinely inspired. Every one of her guests lost over 100 pounds! If all of those people could lose 100+ pounds, why couldn't I? The very next day after school I went to the my local rec center, which has been starting at me for years now. I finally (FINALLY!) got a membership there. We had a garage sale this last weekend (where I ate donuts for breakfast...) and then today, I talked my DH into coming to the gym with me. He was laying in bed early this morning and said "But what will I wear?". It's true, he didn't have anything that resembled gym clothes and actually wanted to go in his jeans! He may be skinny, but he's not in shape either! So, after some time and a trip to Wal-Mart, we finally got to the rec center. I jumped right onto an elliptical machine, ready to go for 30 minutes. 5 minutes in, my legs felt like rubber and I only lasted another 5! I hopped around on a few different cardio machines and then went to weight training. I am surprised I can lift as much as I can, I guess lifting an 8 year old several times a day helps! We were there for over an hour, I completely lost track of time. He was so sore after we were done, but I felt great! If I can keep this attitude going, it will probably get easier and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment